Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oregon Coast Photos

Last Sunday, I drove Anna and her friend Amy to Newport, where we visited the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Yellow jellyfish make great abstract art!



It was fun peering up at the fish in water tunnels overhead, too. Felt a bit like being under the sea, which I'm sure is the effect the architects aimed for.



The freaky car gave us all a few moments of amusement. Note the pairing of one of the seven dwarfs with a rubber duckie and a praying nun, not to mention several decapitated dolls' heads with wind-blown hair and unnaturally red lips.



Wonder how many traffic accidents this car causes, when people do double-takes? Must be fun to drive around town.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Great photos. The first two don't even look real. I wouldn't be caught in that car.

KGMom said...

Just stopping by--having been at Ruth's blog. The title of your blog caught my eye.
I too spent some years in Africa, and have written about being a third-culture kid.
Enjoy your visit in the U.S.

africakidandtheworld said...

Ruth,
Thanks, I enjoyed taking pictures through water--gave a different feel to the photos. And I have conflicting thoughts about the car, part of me would love watching people's reactions! And the other part of me would be cringing the entire time.

KGMom,
Glad you stopped by! I look forward to reading more of your blog--anything to do with third culture kids automatically catches my interest.