Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Street Anatomy

OK, maybe you can blame it on the fact that I spent lots of spare time browsing my father's medical textbooks as a kid, as well as putting together a "Visible Woman" in homeschool (my mother taught me first through third grade in Africa)--but the Street Anatomy site fascinates me.

Make sure you check out the anatomy tattoos. Not something you see everyday.

Also, the National Library of Medicine held an art contest for children, asking them to portray what they thought the body looked like under the skin. Quite a few beautiful drawings resulted from their answer to that question.

3 comments:

Heather Rising said...

Cool links! I must say I'm partial to the circulatory system chairs!

Angela said...

love the children's art. "Adults can never imitate the artwork of a child!"

africakidandtheworld said...

For a brief moment, I wanted to go back to school and study medical illustration after looking at their beautiful drawings...