OK, Betsy tagged me to write six weird things about myself. I had to think about this for awhile, since I can't reveal my full weirdness or you might not come back again. Then again, maybe you'd feel as if you're in good company...
Six things about me:
1. My toes are so long that my brother called me “Monkey Toes” growing up (personally, I think they help me keep my balance – for instance, in standing yoga poses).
2. Growing up, I ate flying ants that we caught outside our house in Burundi and then pan-fried. They were actually pretty good with oil and salt.
3. I spend more time on the computer than my teenage daughter. She thinks this is completely against the natural order of life.
4. Rather than squash spiders, I carry them outside the house and let them go. Don’t ask me how I reconcile this behavior with Fact # 2.
5. I despise Hummers and stretch limousines. But I do like the look of Smart Cars. My nephew, Josiah, laughed hysterically the first time he glimpsed a Smart Car on the German autobahn. That’s when I realized how normal they’d begun to look to me.
6. Sometimes I inadvertently come out with strange words – saying goodnight to Anna, I called her my “Chunkin…” (a mix-up between Chickadee and Punkin). Now we use it as a teasing nickname for each other, despite the image it conjures up of someone chunkier than a pumpkin.
Consider yourself tagged if you read this and haven't already blogged about it. And make sure to put a note in the comments!