Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Old churches and xrays


This is a church about 45 minutes away from us, in the town of Worms (pronounced with a "V" sound for the "W," and believe me, it sounds better that way...). Martin Luther answered questions about his beliefs at the Diet of Worms, so it's semi-well known for that. Mainly, though, I just like the church architecture and the juxtaposition of the bare tree against building and sky. My daughter's class took a field trip to Worms last year, also visiting a Jewish synagogue there and the oldest Jewish cemetery in Germany. That's one of the big benefits of living in Deutschland--all the historical landmarks and beautiful buildings!

Oh, complete change of subject, but thank you to those who asked about my dentist appointment. The guy was a jaw surgeon, so probably knows his stuff. I had panoramic x-rays, during which the assistant told me to "bleiben," which I finally figured out meant "stay in place." At this point, the doctor says I have excess bone growth under my gum, so they need to go in and scrape off the lump, but it sounds less invasive than other options I was fearing. And he's reasonably sure it's benign. So thanks again, I appreciated your prayers!

1 comment:

see-through faith said...

glad to hear that the dental thing wasn't as bad as it might have been

dentists are bad - but abroad even worse. sigh