Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Friday, August 24, 2012

Murphy's 14 Years


I waited a long time to post this--but last month we said goodbye to our sweet corgi dog, Murphy. As Anna said, he was "sassy till the end."


When the phone rings, no one's barking at us to hurry up and answer it. As we're going out the door, no doggie nips at our heels to move us along. If Jeff accidentally drops goldfish crackers on the floor while he's making his lunch, no one rushes over to gobble up the crumbs. And most of all, no velvety Murphy ears to scratch...they were the softest ears around!

Love you, Murphy. Since we had you in our lives, I'm forever a corgi fan.

5 comments:

Sam Gamgee said...

Sad. :( I'm glad I got to meet him!

Ginger said...

So sorry to hear that Murphy's gone. I enjoyed seeing him in various posts. Sending you empathy for the loss of your friend.

africakidandtheworld said...

Thanks, Spidey and Ginger, for caring. I still expect to hear Murphy barking when I walk in the door.
Maybe someday we'll get another corgi pup.

Betsy said...

This made me tear up. I'm so sorry that he's gone. Dogs are such an important part of the family and I can imagine that it's hard adjusting to his absence. Sending you a great big virtual hug which is just as heartfelt even if it's a little on the late side...

africakidandtheworld said...

I appreciate this, Betsy! Those virtual hugs mean a lot too.