Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Join Me on a 30 Day Walkabout

I'm excited to let you know that I'll be participating as an Ambassador in the Walkabout 28-day Quest for Good Health! The campaign starts Monday, March 27th with a kickoff tea in New York. Fifty ambassadors chosen from all over the US will blog, tweet, and post updates about their experiences walking 30 minutes a day.


You know how we love to involve Murphy in whatever's going on in our household--so I thought he could model the official walkabout shirt I received in the welcome package, along with a boomerang, to add some Aussie flavor. Murphy'll accompany me on some walks, although probably only ten minutes or so. Now that he's almost fourteen years old, Murphy's slowing down. But fear not! He still tries to chase neighborhood squirrels, even if his back legs don't always move in sync.



So, if you're looking for a fitness challenge, join me this next month on the Walkabout. We could be virtual walking buddies! Let me know if you're interested by leaving a comment, and I'll link to your blog or site.

3 comments:

megan said...

what a great idea! i want to put my dog in the shirt too now. ha. have fun......megan

africakidandtheworld said...

Dogs in shirts always make me laugh. Post a photo!

Cat said...

Cute, maybe one of the cats would wear a hat long enough for me to take a picture! (Maybe not!)Like your blog. Come by and see mine. Faye H.