Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Street Children at Christ's Table

I found this film on Candy Gourlay's blog -- http://volcanochild.co.uk/index.html.

Joey Velasco, the painter in this film, says he wants "to share the stories of a handful of small lives whose voices are often unheard and whose tiny dreams are shattered before they can even take form." This film is set in the Philippines, with references to Africa at the end.

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in..." Matthew 25:35

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love Candy's blog and her VOLCANO CHILD is an amazing work.. I feel lucky just to have seen part of it.

Here's a new game for you...

You've been tagged!

click here for details!

Judy in Indiana said...

Now I have to vivit candy's blog. The video was very impressive.

africakidandtheworld said...

I should add -- we have these children in every country. How will I respond to those around me? That's what I'm grappling with after viewing Velasco's film.