Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Thought-Provoking

If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens. -- Grandma Moses

Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar. -- Pablo Picasso

I often painted fragments of things because it seemed to make my statement as well as or better than the whole could. -- Georgia O'Keefe

Art is never finished, only abandoned. -- Leonardo da Vinci

Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly? -- Frida Kahlo

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me--like food or water. -- Ray Charles

No comments: