Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Train to Paris

I'm taking the train from Germany to Paris tomorrow. And yes, for the last 12 days I've been following what's happening in France with the riots and general unrest. But after all, my father and two sisters are meeting me there, so it would take massive chaos to keep me away. The consensus seems to be, stay away from neighborhoods where cars and businesses have been torched and don't go out at night if you can avoid it. Anyway, I'll report back when I return. And, by the way, if you're so inclined, offer up a few prayers for the situation between the French and the North Africans--for some type of peace and for active resolution of the ongoing social problems (actually, I can think of many areas of the world which could use this type of prayer).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blessed trip.

I hadn't even heard about the situation in Paris.

our son just flew to Germany (Stuttgart) for a few days - school trip.

great news aobut your German verbs :)

in Swedish verbs aren't so hard, it's the nouns esp plurals that are tricky oh and adjective declensions. yuk