Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hyperlexia Journal

For the past week, I've been unpacking boxes in our new house (circa 1972) and trying to become an official Washingtonian; ie, get my state driver's license, among other things--complicated because my passport is issued in my pre-marriage name, Laura, and our long-absent marriage license cannot be found to prove otherwise--so Vital Records, here I come.

Anyway, it's time to post! The Cutter family hasn't dropped off the side of the earth or morphed into some new dimension, regardless of what you might think.

I have another poem out in a brand new literary journal, Hyperlexia. They post "poetry and prose celebrating the autism spectrum." Take a look.

2 comments:

Carmiña said...

Hi Laurie!
I hope all your "things" become to normality as soon as possible.

Betsy said...

Laurie, your poem is beautiful! I love it's starkness and fragility! I'm so glad to see you published and your talent acknowledged!

Good luck helping the dust settle in your new home!