Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted...life gets moving and I neglect the blog.

My mother suffered a stroke about a month ago, and I'm driving to see her (and Dad) about 3-4 times a week. Mom's also dealing with cancer that's metastasized, so I want to spend as much time as possible with her. Your prayers and caring thoughts are appreciated.

Fortunately, my parents' town is only about an hour away--not an ocean away! I'd be flying back and forth a lot if we were still in Germany.

Speaking of oceans, we just returned from a weekend trip to Bandon, Oregon. Time on the beach, yay. Here's a quote from Anna:

‎"What's the beach for, if not squinching toes?"

I agree. My vacation wouldn't have been complete without a little squinching of toes in Bandon's lovely sand.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Thinking about you and your mom. Am sending positive thoughts.

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear about your mom but will pray for grace and peace for all of you at this time.