Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Ouch

Did 18 miles today in preparation for the walking marathon in Athens this November. Now I'm off to soak both feet in some lovely-smelling lavender mint bath salts a friend gave me.

She warned me not to take a bath in the salts, just use them for feet -- the first time she made them, her husband poured the stuff in a hot bath and climbed in, only to leap out a few seconds later --"Is this supposed to sting so badly?!" -- as the mint saturated his skin.

Ha ha, I can see myself doing the same thing.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

18 miles! yikes!!
You deserve a personal masseuse.

Holly said...

Good for you!! That's something I've always wanted to do - walk a marathon. I'll live vicariously through you. :)

africakidandtheworld said...

Ruth,
I'd love a masseuse. Especially one who concentrated on my feet. Think there's an inexpensive one around?

Holly,
I'll bet you will walk a marathon someday! With all the walking you've done, you've probably come close. What about the Portland marathon?

Heather Rising said...

Wow! How exciting. Are you doing the marathon this November? How long is it, in kilometers? I once ran a 10km race for charity, but I was young and foolish. My body was not so happy with my decision then and I haven't tried it again.

Betsy said...

Wow! How cool! How long did it take you?

Way to go, Laurie!

africakidandtheworld said...

Heather,
I believe about 42 km. Yes, it's exciting! Especially to be at the spot where marathons started--we actually leave from the town of Marathon.

Betsy,
Can't remember how long offhand--a bit over 5 hours. We made a few short stops on the way. You should think about doing it sometime, I know you walk all the time!