Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Back in Deutschland...

Back to Germany after a wonderful two weeks with my parents. They spoiled me and I loved it!
Now I'm trying to whip the tail end of a cold...so far, I've dosed myself with zinc lozenges, vitamin C tablets, lots of fresh-squeezed orange and tangerine juice (at Mom and Dad's), echinachea, extra sleep, you name it. Any other tried-and-true cold remedies out there? I'm willing to do almost anything but blend garlic cloves and drink the concoction.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.


--from Macbeth, Act IV, Scene 1

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Glad you had a good trip and time spent with family. Thanks too for the Happy Birthday wishes. I have had 3 colds this season...more than I have had in the past 5 years put together. I finally decided to buy Cold FX, a highly marketed and pricey preparation of ginseng. But in 24 hours, my cold symptoms were gone. I will use it again if necessary.
http://www.cold-fx.com/

Emi said...

-Thank for you commentary in my blog...

Carmiña said...

Hello!
Hope your cold go away soon.

Holly said...

Green tea is my answer to every ailment. Drink a mug every day to avoid getting another cold. I have not caught a cold since I started drinking it in Sept.