Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time to Play Tag

Ginger at Joyful Woman tagged me to write eight random facts about myself. Without too much extended thought, here you go:

1. I’m the oldest child of four, and somewhat compulsive about knowing what’s going to happen in the near future (surprise parties throw me for a loop, fyi).
2. I love Tandoori chicken, Tazo Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar, dark chocolate, Thai chicken pizza, and, I guess, pretty much any type of food. When my youngest challenged me to tell her a food I didn’t like, I replied, “Umm, brains on toast?”
3. My brother’s nickname for me as a kid was “Truck.” As in lorry=Laurie. Those Brits out there will understand. Also, I got called “Professor” at boarding school when I started wearing glasses.
4. Like Ginger, I enjoyed climbing trees constantly as a child. Tall, bendy, spicy-smelling eucalyptus trees. I also liked lying in our tree house, listening to the wind blow.
5. Bumblebees are another one of my loves. They’re just so much fun to watch, bumbling among the blossoms. They’re like clumsy planes which somehow manage to become airborne.
6. As far as I know, I’ve never broken a bone or had strep throat. I did take tons of malaria medicine growing up and suffered my fair share of immunizations.
7. In high school, I skipped countless afternoon classes my junior/senior years and drove the country roads around Gresham. (Not recommended, for you students out there).
8. Choir concerts in old cathedrals and African drumming both make me happy.

I’m tagging :

Betsy at Blog Ness Monster
Holly at And Sew It Is
Laura at Today On My Wanderings
Milton at Don’t Eat Alone

The rules:
* Players start with eight random fact about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of the blog, choose eight (or less!) people to tag and list their names and blog addresses.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

How fun! Thanks for doing the 8 facts. I'm so with you on the choir concerts and drumming. By the way, we're off to Finland this coming Thursday, and will hit some cathedrals there and in Estonia and St. Petersburg. So I think my cup will be full!

Ruth said...

Interesting facts. I really relate to #2 :-)
ruth