Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Latest Harry Movie

Took our two daughters to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tonight. I think this one turned out to be my favorite movie so far--maybe because it felt so realistic--all that teen angst and Harry's struggles with grief and rejection. Good photography, too.

Ah, you gotta love German movie theatres, though. We reserved our seats ahead of time online (can you do this in the States?) and claimed our nice middle row, not-to-close-to-the-front spots. I had the option of purchasing Welde beer at the concession stand, along with nachos and sweet popcorn. What really threw me for a loop--Anna ordered a chocolate bar, and the snack person asked her, "from the Kühlschrank?" (from the fridge?). Apparently, if you like, the candy's precooled so it doesn't melt in your clammy, hot hands.

Anyway, a nice outing. If you send me an email at the address listed in my Blog profile, I'll mail you a Harry Potter postcard in German. Picked up three, so first come, first served.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabrielle and I went to see Sicko at the theater yesterday and the line for Harry Potter was huge! It was hot for Portland (96 degrees, 102 day before) so we were looking for some relief. Sicko made some valid points...I know most of my income goes to healthcare, still with enough left over to go to the matinee.

Beth said...

Beer at the movies? Hmmm...what a concept!

Two of mine saw the movie yesterday and loved it; but they are REALLY holding out for the release of the book next week...

Anonymous said...

Ah. I remember German movie theaters. I saw Ghost in German three times. A lot of theaters in Texas are starting to serve beer too. Glad to hear you liked Harry Potter. I'm looking forward to it.

(And thanks for visiting GoodWordEditing.)