Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Thought About Chocolate

Friday, when I wrote about shopping for Valentine's Day, I forgot to include something--a few days ago, Milton's blog, http://www.donteatalone.blogspot.com/, listed some facts about Nestle and other big chocolate brands and their connection with child slavery in the Ivory Coast. Since then, I've decided to try and buy only Fair Trade chocolate as much as possible. One brand I've seen here in Germany that uses fair trade policies when buying cocoa is Zotter; it's easy to tell, because the candy wrapper has a fair trade logo. To find out more, go to www.fairtrade.net , and also to Milton's post, "We Are What We Eat." You might be surprised at the policies you're supporting in the simple choice of a chocolate bar--I know I certainly was.

1 comment:

don't eat alone said...

Laurie

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. And I love finding another "Africa Kid."

Peace,
Milton