Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Tensions in France

My daughter is currently in Grenoble, France on a study-abroad with Calvin College. This link, http://www.calvin.edu/news/releases/2005_06/grenoble.htm, gives an interesting perspective on current events in France. Just as a side remark, I spent six months living in France in the late seventies, and met many North Africans at that time. They invariably treated me with friendship and hospitality. Even then, tensions existed as they tried to integrate into French society. Unfortunately, things have gotten worse. Similar situations worldwide make me yearn for the city of God, where, as Revelation 22 says, there stands a tree of life, and "the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." This thought gives me hope, and yet I wonder--how long?

No comments: