Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Frenchman's Bay, Maine

Saturday, November 26, 2005

A Milestone (Or Should I Say "A Kilometer Marker?")


Yesterday, our youngest achieved a momentous goal. Anna has been moving towards this moment for the last few years, hoping and plotting and drinking extra protein smoothies. She is now taller than me, her mother! I accept the fact that, from this day forth, I will forever be the shortest member in our family of five...except for family member # six, Murphy, the dog with legs shorter than a guinea pig. Anyway, in honor of Anna's new status, here's a picture of her at the local Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market). Jeff, Anna, and I walked around the market today, searching for gift ideas, admiring the giant Christmas pyramid and enjoying a cup of hot Gluhwein (spiced wine). For the kids, there's always kinder-punch, minus the alcohol, and still quite yummy.

1 comment:

see-through faith said...

sounds great :) I'm the smallest in our family too - only 4'10"

oh and I laughed at the milestone /km marker

:)